Unlike standard massage which is a passive activity, preparation is encouraged to make the most of each session. Much initial preparation is in your mental state and expectations.
For initial sessions the key to unlocking a great experience lies in your mindset and in building mutual understanding / comfort level with your therapist. As such you should take note of the following:
- Prepare questions beforehand that you would like answered. No question is taboo or off-limits. We have a standard consultation form to help guide you in this process.
- Share openly and fully your expectations and comfort level in terms of clothing worn during massage etc. (In general, MSM is performed with the therapist clothed, the recipient fully unclothed).
- Come with an appropriate mindset of open-minded, non-judgmental exploration.
- Come with an expectation of active participation (MSM benefits from your active mental engagement).
For subsequent sessions as trust is built up, do take note of the following:
- Come with an expectation that sessions may not always be exactly the same - as your mindset changes and comfort level increases, what is appropriate for you will change.
- Continue to openly discuss and share with your observations and expectations; Discuss how these expectations could be met or enhanced.